Instructor: Jon Maxwell
This one week class is on basic firefighting techniques.
Students will learn:
- How to use basic firefighting tools
- Fire behavior and Weather
- What the LCES (Lookouts, Communications, Escape Routes, and Safety Zones) system is and how it relates to the Standard Firefighting Orders and Watch Out Situations.
- Construct a fire line to required standards using various methods.
- Strengthen, reinforce, and use holding actions on a fire line.
- Extinguish the fire with or without the use of water.
- Complete assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Factors in a particular wildfire environment which could impact safety.
Students will receive the following certificates:
L180 – Human Factors in the Wildland Fire Service
S190- Introduction to Wild Fire Behavior
S130 – Firefighter Training
and all training needed for applying to the federal government as a firefighter. Additional homework assignments will include IS-700 ( Introduction to National Incident Management System) and ICS-100 (Introduction to Incident Command System)