Tribal Court Location
110 First Street, Suite B
Smith River, CA 95567
Hours: Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm
Having an effective judicial system is a critical component of Tribal sovereignty. This Court works hard to enhance Tribal sovereignty through the development of culturally appropriate laws and by exercising Tribal jurisdiction. The Court hears cases on a wide variety of topics including cases involving child welfare and guardianship's. Dispute resolution in the Tribal Court is culturally appropriate, informal and non-adversarial as possible.
Tribal Empowerment Through Effective Administration of Equal Justice For All.
Serve Tribal Citizens needs by improving the welfare of our community. Enhancing Tribal Sovereignty through development of culturally appropriate laws and exercise of tribal jurisdiction.
- Creating “bench guides” for child welfare cases
- Developing juvenile wellness court
- Conducting court evaluation to improve access to justice and see what tribal citizens would like from the court.
- Create a Judicial Oversight Committee (JOC)
- Find a home (building) for the court that is more suitable for the growth and needs of the court.
- Tribal Court Improvement Program
- Juvenile Wellness Court
- Mediation Program
- Self Help Desk
Available Court Services
- Child Welfare
- Child Custody
- CC-01-INFO Child Custody Information Sheet 2018-11
- CC-02 Petition for Custody 2018-11
- CC-04 Response to Petition for Custody 2018-11
- CC-06 Parenting Time Attachment to Petition 2018-12
- CC-07 Request for Child Abduction Prevention 2018-12
- CC-11 Childrens Holiday Schedule Attachment 2018-12
- CC-12 Additional Provisions Physical Custody Attachment 2018-11
- CC-13 Joint Legal Custody Attachment 2018-11
- MC-01 Blank Fillable Attachment 2018-12
- FL-02 Financial Statement Simple 2018-12
- Child Support
- Domestic Violence
- Name Change