Chairperson Term 2019-2022
(707) 954-8319 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Leann is the daughter of Sandra Jordan, granddaughter of Patricia Lopez and Robert Jordan, great-granddaughter of Edward Lopez Sr. and Lena Lopez, and a descendant of Lucy and Chetco Dick. Leann previously served her tribal community working for Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation’s Community and Family Services, and is an advocate for clear communication, and giving back to her community. Her focus is on providing access to programs offered through the Nation. Leann was first elected to Tribal Council in 2016
Lhetlh-xat-ne (Tribal Council)
The Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation is led by a Lhetlh-xat-ne (Tribal Council) – comprised of seven tribal members who have been elected by the general membership. Tribal Council members are: Leann McCallum, Chairperson; Jeri Thompson, Vice-Chairperson; Debbie Boardman, Secretary; Jaytuk Steinruck, Treasurer; Cari Nelson, Scott Sullivan and Dr. Joseph Giovannetti Council members.
Lhetlh-xat-ne (Tribal Council) MEETINGS
All tribal members are encouraged to participate in the governing process by attending the Tribe’s General Council meetings held the second and fourth Thursday evening of each month at the Xaa‐wan’‐k’wvt Hall Community Center. Dinner served at 5:00pm, meeting at 5:30pm
NOTICE: Council Meetings are temporarily closed due to Covid-19
Jeri Lynn Thompson
Vice Chairperson Term 2018-2021
(707) 951-3875 firstname.lastname@example.org Jeri is the daughter of Dorothy Cate (Payne) and descendent of Sarah Payne (Channon) who was the daughter of Cha-met. Her focus is Indian Child welfare, Housing, tribal rights and protection, and the diversification of tribal resources through Economic Development and federal partnerships. Jeri's approach to tribal governance is solution based and has focused on identifying solutions to advance the Tribe for the betterment of the Citizens. Jeri was first elected to Tribal Council in 2015.
Treasurer Term 2020-2023
(707) 951- email@example.com Bio Coming Soon!
Council Member Term 2020-2023
(707) 954- firstname.lastname@example.org Bio Coming Soon!
Secretary Term 2020-2023
(707) 954- email@example.com Bio Coming Soon!
Dr. Joseph Giovannetti
Council Member Term 2019-2022
(707) 218-6569 firstname.lastname@example.org Joseph is the son of Mercedes Jean Whipple and grandson of Delmar John Whipple and Evelyn Viola Baird. Dr. Giovannetti is a tribal psychologist ethno historian and a professor of Native American Studies. Joseph has been a professor of Native Studies at Humboldt State University for more than 24 years. He holds a PhD. in Psychology from Sierra University. He is a trustee for the California Tribal College in Woodland, California which opens fall 2018. Joseph and his wife Carla are parents to two tribal citizens: Grant Giovannetii and Stephanie Kasinger. They have eight grandchildren. Joseph is an active singer in the Tolowa language and mentor of culture and philosophy. Joseph was first elected to Tribal Council in 2007.