October 14, 2020
INTENT TO APPLY FOR EPA-OLEM-OBLR-20-07 BROWNFIELD CLEANUP GRANT
Based on community input received during the Tribe’s extensive Land Use Planning process, including the redevelopment of Xaa-wan’-k’wvt Village and Resort, and the completion of a Phase II Targeted Brownfields Assessment for Xaa-wan’-k’wvt Village and Resort (2018), the Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation is currently pursuing funding to address the legacy contaminant issues at Xaa-wan’-k’wvt Village and Resort.
The Tribe is seeking public comment on the Analysis of Brownfields Cleanup Alternatives (ABCA) and FY-21 Brownfield Cleanup Grant draft application. These documents are available for public review and comment at the following locations:
- Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation Natural Resources Office – 400 N Indian Rd, Smith River CA
- Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation Tribal Administration Office- 140 Rowdy Creek Rd, Smith River CA
Public comments will be received and considered until October 28th. Comments may be provided through the following methods:
- Xaa-wan’-kwvt Village and Resort Public Meeting on Monday October 26th at 5:30 pm, the meeting will be held via zoom please use the following link to attend: Join Zoom Meeting https://us02web.zoom.us/j/82188702997 Meeting ID: 821 8870 2997 One tap mobile +16699009128,,82188702997# US (San Jose) 13462487799,,82188702997# US +(Houston)
- Comments may be provided at any regularly scheduled Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation Tribal Council meeting before October 28th .
- Comments may be directly submitted to Erika Partee, Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation Natural Resources Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.