1 Login or create new account.
2 Review your information.
3 Enjoy Tribal Member Only Content

If you still have problems, please let us know, by calling 707-487-9255. Thank you!

Xaa-wan’-k’wvt Village and Resort

Thursday, 02 March 2017 by

Throughout the month of January, Tribal Citizens were asked to provide ideas and preferences for naming the property formerly known as Ship Ashore and Salmon Harbor.

Xaa-wan’-k’wvt Village and Resort was selected by the largest percentage. Other suggested names included Xaa-wan’-k’wvt Harbor Resort, Xaa-wan’-k’wvt Resort,

Xaa-wan’-k’wvt Harbor, Howonquet Landing, Xaa-wan’-k’wvt Resort and Condominiums, Howonquet at Nii~-li~ and Howonquet by the Sea.

How do I become a Family Childcare Provider?

  1. Attend a Community Care Licensing (CCL) orientation.
  2. Attend basic health and safety training.
  3. Obtain a criminal background check clearance.
  4. Submit a licensing application to CCL.
  5. Pass a CCL home inspection.

Community Care Licensing (CCL) Orientations for family childcare homes are online at the California Child Care Licensing website,  Contact Child Care Licensing at Del Norte Health and Human Services at (707) 464-3191, ext. 274 to apply.

First Aid, CPR, and Health and Safety Training is offered in the community throughout the year. Contact the Del Norte Child Care Council at (707) 464-8311 to find out about upcoming classes.

What is a TrustLine Provider? TrustLine is a registry created by the California Legislature as an important tool for parents to use when selecting an in-home or home care provider for their children. All childcare providers listed with TrustLine have submitted their fingerprints to the California Department of Justice and have no disqualifying criminal convictions in California. In addition, some but not all, childcare providers listed with TrustLine have also received a clearance from an FBI criminal record check. For more information about TrustLine, visit, or call 1.800.822.8490.

How the Tribe can help!

When funding allows, the Tribe can reimburse you for your start-up and licensing costs such as training expenses, application fees, and any cost associated with a background check.

The Tribe may also offer small grants to childcare providers to purchase items needed in a home or facility for health and safety or quality improvement.

Call Community & Family Services for more information at (707) 487-9255.

Shu’-‘aa-xuu-dvn (In A Good Way Place) Domestic Violence /Sexual Assault Program and Srtaa~ Shvm Mvlh Ghee-saa-ghit-na’ (Good Food Makes Us All Healthy) Food & Garden Program would like to invite you and your family to weekly “healing through gardening” workshops during the month of March. At each session you will have a chance to learn how therapeutic gardening can promote many forms of healing, about different types of gardens/gardening and domestic violence/sexual assault education: you will also have an opportunity to take home supplies to start your own garden.
These workshops are open to the public of any age and you may attend one (1) or all four (4) sessions.
Snacks and refreshments will be provided.
For more information contact:
Andromeda Lopez
Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Tribal Outreach Specialist
Shu’-‘aa-xuu-dvn (In A Good Way Place) Domestic Violence /Sexual Assault Program
Office: (707) 487-9255 ext.1133

Election Day – Saturday, May 20, 2017

Wednesday, 01 March 2017 by

Nominations will be accepted at the March 18 General Membership Meeting for three open Tribal Council seats.

Loren Bommelyn 2017
Denise Padgette 2017
Scott Sullivan 2018
Joseph Giovannetti 2019
Marvin Richards, Sr. 2017
Jeri Lynn Thompson 2018
Leann McCallum 2019


Tribal citizens must be registered to vote by April 28, 2017, to vote in the 2017 General Election.
If you would like to register, please contact the Enrollment Department.

Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation Phone: 707-487-9255 ext. 1120 Attn: Enrollment Email: 140 Rowdy Creek Road
Smith River CA 95567

TOP UA-35092710-1