- Work hours are flexible
- Part-time or more hours
- Pay ranges from $16.50 to $18 per hour
- Some TANF and SNAP programs exempt the income (candidates need to check with their case workers)
The Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority (DNSWMA) has a Free Every Day Household Hazardous Waste Recycling and Household Hazardous Waste Collection program at the Del Norte County Transfer Station at 1700 State St, Crescent City, CA 95531, that’s open Monday– Friday from 8am– 5pm and Saturday- Sunday 9am– 5pm that is designed for residents of Del Norte County.
- Eligible waste includes non-aerosol latex paint, household fluorescent tubes and bulbs, television and computer monitors, home sharps containers, cooking fats, oils and grease; used motor oil, drained oil filters, old antifreeze, lead acid batteries and all household batteries (with one terminal taped). For more information call DNSWMA at 707-465-1100 or visit their website at: recycledelnorte.ca.gov
The DNSWMA, Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event, free for residents of Del Norte County, is scheduled for September 28, 2019 from 9am to 2pm. California state transportation law limits each vehicle to a maximum of 15 gallons of liquid hazardous waste (in 5 gallon containers or smaller) or 125 pounds of solid hazardous waste.
- Eligible waste includes solvents, oxidizers, pesticides and poisons, non-organic fertilizers, household cleaners, air fresheners, automotive waxes, disinfectants, metal polishes, adhesives, bleach, turpentine, makeup, fingernail polish, battery acids, batteries, oil filters, paints, finish and paint strippers, wood preservatives, stains and finishes, automotive fluids, swimming pool chemicals, bases, polishes, aerosols, photographic chemicals, herbicides and weed killers, varnishes, wood stains, paraffin oil, white gas, spot removers, petroleum jelly, drain cleaners, fiberglass resins, grease, methanol, organic solvents, iodine, medical waste and ceramic glazes. For more information call DNSWMA at 707-465-1100 or visit their website at recycledelnorte.ca.gov
The DNSWMA, Commercial Hazardous Waste Collection Disposal Event, is designed for Del Norte County businesses and agencies, is scheduled for September 27, 2019 and is by appointment only. Interested entities should call 1-800-433-5060 before September 20, 2019 to schedule an appointment.
For Residents of Curry and Coos Counties:
The next Coos and Curry County, Household Hazardous Waste Program, Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event designed for residents of Coos and Curry Counties is scheduled for September 21, 2019 from 9am to 1pm at the Beaver Hill Transfer Site, located at 55722 Hwy 101, Coos Bay, OR 97420.
- Eligible waste includes aerosol spray products, antifreeze, art and hobby chemicals, brake fluid, cleaning supplies, degreasers, engine cleaners, fluorescent lamps/ tubes, furniture stripper, herbicides, gas cylinders (propane/helium), HID lamps, kerosene/gas/oil/diesel, lead acid batteries, lighter fluid, Mercury, paints/stains/shellacs, pesticides/insecticides, poisons, pool/spa chemicals, rechargeable batteries, rose dust, rust remover, slug bait, solvents and thinners, thermostats, thermometers, transmission fluid, turpentine, weed killer and wood preservatives. For more information contact the Curry Transfer & Recycling (CTR) at 541-469-2425 or visit their website at currytransferrecycling.com/home/ or the Coos County Solid Waste Department at 541-396-7620 or visit their website at co.coos.or.us/Departments/SolidWaste.aspx
For All Residents:
Suburban Propane has a free recycling program for 16 oz propane cylinders (pictured). The Company is located at 825 Hwy 101 N, Crescent City, CA 95531 and open Monday–Friday 8am- 5pm. The Company sells a refillable 16 oz propane cylinder and refills the cylinders for about $0.70. For more information call 707-464-4165 or visit their website at suburbanpropane.com/locations/crescent-city-ca/
Humboldt Moving and Storage in partnership with the nonprofit, Mattress Recycling Council has a free mattress and box spring recycling program: Bye Bye Mattress. Humboldt Moving and Storage accepts mattresses and box springs at it’s drop-off location, 1528 Northcrest Dr, Crescent City, CA 95531, on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 9am– 12pm.
- Eligible mattresses and box springs include the sizes twin, double, queen, king and California king. Ineligible mattresses and box springs that are not accepted include crib sizes; if they have mold, bed bug or other contaminants or if they are damaged.
For more information call Humboldt Moving and Storage at 707-465-4914 or visit their website at humboldtmoving.com or the Mattress Recycling Council at 1-855-700-9973 or visit their website at byebyemattress.com
For more information contact the Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation, Natural Resources Department, Habitat & Wildlife Program, Cynthia Ford or Kagat McQuillen, 707-487-9255.
Who: Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation Citizens. Must be 6-17 years of age and reside in Del Norte and Curry Counties.
What: $25 school supply cards
Where: The cards will be distributed at 110 First Street, Smith River, CA.
When: Friday, August 16, 2019 10:00am to 4:00pm
Why: Using JOM fund money to buy school supply cards for our Tribal youth.
For more information, please contact
Lenora Hall, Education Director
Phone: 707-487-9255, ext. 1190
The Education Department invites Tolowa Dee-ni youth to participate in our upcoming 13th Annual Dee-ni’ Youth Camp. Each participant must be 7-13 years old. Rain cancels the event!
The goal of this year’s youth camp is to have fun while learning about our culture and language. Please complete the attached registration form and return it to the Education Department no later than Friday, August 2nd, 2019 @ 5:00 PM.
No drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons or lice allowed.
This will be a day camp. Camp will start at 8:00 AM on Tuesday, August 6th. The camp is located at Rowdy Creek Park. No transportation will be provided.
Camp schedule is:
Tuesday, August 6, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Wednesday, August 7, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Thursday, August 8, 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
For more information, please contact the Education/Language Departments:
Lenora Hall @ 707-487-9255, ext. 1190, firstname.lastname@example.org