The Waa-tr’vslh-‘a~ Department is holding our Dee-ni’ Mvsr-xee-ye’ Wee-ya’ Lhetlh-xat (Dee-ni’ Youth Language Camp), at Rowdy Creek Park, on August 20th-24th , for ages 7 to 13 years old. This year’s camp will be an overnight camp. All staff will be required to attend orientation and stay for the duration of the camp, no exceptions!
We need to fill the following positions:
- Camp Coordinator assists in coordination, implementation and oversight of all camp functions.
- Team Leaders responsible for supervision of youth and peer leader.
- Peer Leaders assist team leader, this is a great leadership training opportunity. (14-19yrs of age)
- Elder Consultant
- Cultural Consultants i.e., storyteller, carver, regalia maker, weaver, tule-mat maker, eel hook maker, medicine maker, hat knitter, food preserver, fishermen, Dee-ni’ historian, etc.
- Security Guards this will be a nighttime position.
- Cook and Assistant Cook plan and prepare and clean-up healthy meals and snacks.
- Fish Cook/Instructor
Volunteers- parents and community members are encouraged to participate.
Applications must be received by Tuesday July 31st (before 5 PM) @ The K’vsh-chu Administration Office.
All positions are expected to participate in all phases of this event. Applicants must possess the ability to work with American Indian youth in group settings and have experience providing leadership and supervision to youth and other age groups. Knowledge of Tolowa Dee-ni’ language and culture is preferred, but not required. Camping and outdoor experience is preferred, but not required. This is a tobacco, alcohol and drug-free event. Preference will be given to Smith Rancheria Tribal Members and persons of American Indian Descent. To apply for a position please complete a Smith River Rancheria Job Application. Applications and job descriptions are available at K’vsh-chu Administration Office or on our website tolowa-nsn.gov .
For more information please contact the Waa-tr’vslh-‘a~ Department staff @ (707) 487-9255:
Marva Jones-Scott email@example.com
Cynthia Ford firstname.lastname@example.org
Sheryl Steinruck email@example.com
Guylish Bommelyn firstname.lastname@example.org