The Information Technology department was established in 2005 as an off-shoot of the Lucky 7 Casino Information Technology department. Duties were divided and personnel were split between the Tribal government and the Casino. Nevertheless, certain support services and infrastructure are shared to save costs and minimize duplication. As the Tribe has con-tinued to grow in services and service locations, the Information Technology department works hard to keep pace.
The Information Technology department mission is to deliver the most advanced innovation and technology to the Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation. Our vision is to build a bridge between humans and computers through ad-vancements in data technology. We believe that effective communication is the key to the future suc-cess of the Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation.
The Goal of the Information Technology department is to build, support and maintain an innovation-centric Tribal culture designed to promote and develop the creativity of each employee and maximize our ability to meet the needs of the Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation.
- Maintain and support all workstations and laptop computers
- Maintain and support all mobile devices
- Maintain and support all data center equipment (servers, backup devices and networking)
- Maintain and support all remote site networking and connectivity
- Maintain and support all security systems at all locations including video.
- Maintain and support all network users including those who require remote access.
- Monitor all network devices, servers, and alerts
- Maintain network access security and control
- Support all departments in their A/V needs for presentations and displays
- Provide A/V services for all Open Tribal Council meetings
- Procure all hardware and software for all departments
IT Department Achievements from 2017:
- Expanded off-site Disaster Recovery to include replicated VM data stores for all virtualized servers.
- Migrated mobile device management (MDM) to new vendor for phones and tablets
- Added network support to secondary enterprises: Tvm-ch'a- dvn (Rowdy Creek Fish Hatchery) and Xaa-wan'-k' wvt Village and Resort (XVR).
- Expanded department personnel to include Systems Administrator position.
- Migrated over 50% of workstations from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Enterprise.
- Migrated last of Windows 2003 server to Windows 2012, with rollout to server 2016
IT Office Location
140 Rowdy Creek Rd.
Smith River, Ca. 95567