The purpose of the Grants and Contracts Office is to support creativity and innovation in identifying and ad-dressing the identified needs of the Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation Departments and Programs. It is important to em-phasize the need for adequate planning and quality control in all activities relating to administering grants that involve the resources and personnel of the Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation. Projects funded in whole or in part with grant money should not be created simply in reaction to a notice of availability of funds, whatever the source.
The purpose of the Grants and Contracts Office is to support creativity and innovation in identifying and ad-dressing the identified needs of the Tolowa Dee-ni' Nation Departments and Programs, and Nation as a whole.
Grants: The Goal of the Grants & Contracts Department is to be a central hub for planning and fund devel-opment for the Tribe, supporting high-performing Departments with: strategic planning; community needs assessments; easy access to 3rd party content experts & consultants; training in program design and proposal development; up-to-date, accurate census, demographic, & geographic information; enhanced interdepart-mental communication.
Contracting: Goods & services will be procured, via contract, in a user friendly, transparent system that best meets department & program needs (hassle-free, expedient) while maintaining centralized administra-tion to maximize shared resources, ease of reporting, and also insuring all contracts are aligned with Tribal, federal, & state laws. Contract creation & tracking system will be accessible to all departments, to facilitate shared information, transparency, and communication.
- Seek & analyze competitive grant funding that may benefit Tribe.
- Provide guidance in following the necessary Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation fiscal, legal, contractual, human re-source procedures for grant applications and awards.
- Assist in preparing grant applications, including contracting with 3rd party content experts to develop best possible proposal(s).
- Provide timely information and support to departments and programs for their grant development efforts.
- Draft, negotiate, and execute contracts as requested by departments, administration.
- Maintain record of all current & past contracts executed by Nation.
- Draft & publish request for proposals as needed.
- Facilitate RFP proposal review.
- Maintain accurate information on Tribal demographics
- Advise on studies needed to accurately determine needs of Tribal Citizens
- Insure funding proposals are strategically planned to meet long-term needs of Tribe.
- Stormwater Improvement Project- Corner of US HWY 101 and Indian Road
- Rowdy & Dominie Fish Passage Improvement
- Dat-naa-svt Housing Development
- 2015 Indian Community Development Block Grant (ICDBG - Prince Island Court Wastewater Extension
- 2016 Indian Community Development Block Grant (ICDBG)- Main Wastewater Plant Improvements
- Housing Needs Assessment
- Strategic Planning RFP
- Rowdy Creek Fish Hatcherm Improvements
Assisted in facilitating all above projects. Assisted in application & management of $5 million in grant funding.
140 Rowdy Creek Road
Smith River, Ca. 95567