Under the direction of Chief Financial Officer, the Finance Department coordinates and performs professional and technical duties related to the Nation’s financial operations; maintaining control over the fiscal information system by monitoring and analyzing financial records, budgeting, accounting, grant, and managerial-financial reports, recommending accounting procedures and controls, preparing monthly and annual financial reports, assuring that the Nation and the Nation’s component units are complying with Tribal, State and Federal policies, procedures and regulations, as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB) pronouncements.
- Payroll - responsible for preparation, processing and distribution of all payrolls, and for all employ-ee related activities, for the timeliness and ac-curacy of all local, state and federal regulatory filings.
- Accounts Payable- responsible for accurate and timely processing of payments for goods, services and all other non-salary expenses incurred by the Nation.
- Accounts Receivable – responsible for collection of accounts receivable such as water billings, rent-al payments, and miscellaneous payments due to the Nation.
- Budgeting and reporting- responsible for prepar-ing and maintaining the budget, preparation and analysis of financial reports to provide accurate information to the Tribal Council and staff.
- Grant reporting – responsible for preparing and submitting financial grant reports and draw re-quests to the awarding agencies.
- Cash flow management- responsible for monitor-ing cash flow and bank accounts to ensure availa-bility of funds to meet the needs of the Nation.
140 Rowdy Creek Rd
Smith River, Ca. 95567