April is National Child Abuse Awareness Month!
In order to engage Tolowa Dee-ni’ Nation (TDN) families in thinking proactively about child abuse awareness issues and how they can have an impact on preventing child abuse, Community & Family Services (CFS) is hosting a poster contest. The contest will begin October 1, 2020 and run through January 31, 2021.
All qualifying posters will be on display at the North CFS office until the judging is complete.
The winning posters will be displayed at TDN locations and enterprises during the month of April as well as placed in the newsletter and on the CFS Facebook Page.
Theme: “See Something, Say Something”
1. Posters must have a positive message and illustrate how children can bring awareness to child abuse
2. Any kind of art can be used in poster design: crayon, paint, pencil, and marker
3. Suggested poster size 11” x 14”
4. Contest entry and poster must be received prior to deadline in order to qualify
5. Originals must be submitted – pictures of artwork will not be accepted
6. No professional or copyrighted images or materials
7. Open to TDN Tribal children in grades K-7 who reside in Curry, Del Norte, and Humboldt counties
8. Two groups will be judged: grades K-4 and grades 5-7
9. Entry deadline: January 31, 2021
10. Contest entry forms may be mailed, faxed (number above), or emailed 11. Entry forms must be complete and signed by both the parent/guardian and participant
12. Qualifying participants will receive a child abuse awareness t-shirt
Contest winners will be notified no later than February 15, 2021 and announced in the March newsletter.
Original posters may be mailed to or turned in at:
North CFS Office
ATTN: Monica Calvillo
16299 US HWY 101 N
Smith River, CA 95567
Questions, contact Monica at 707-487-9255 ext. 1191 or firstname.lastname@example.org