K'ii-daa-naa-dvn (Tribal Judicial System)
Having an effective judicial system is a critical component of Tribal sovereignty. This Court works hard to enhance Tribal sovereignty through the development of culturally appropriate laws and by exercising Tribal jurisdiction. The Court hears cases on a wide variety of topics including cases involving child welfare and guardianships. Dispute resolution in the Tribal Court is as culturally appropriate, informal, and non-adversarial as possible.
Tribal Empowerment Through Effective Administration of Equal Justice For All.
Serve Tribal Citizens' needs by improving the welfare of our community. Enhancing Tribal Sovereignty through the development of culturally appropriate laws and exercise of tribal jurisdiction.
View the ongoing projects:
- Conducting court evaluation to improve access to justice and see what tribal citizens would like from the court
- Creating a Judicial Oversight Committee (JOC)
- Creating "bench guides" for child welfare cases
- Developing juvenile wellness court
- Finding a home (building) for the court that is more suitable for the growth and needs of the court.
The current programs at the Tribal Judicial system are as follows:
- Juvenile Wellness Court
- Mediation Program
- Self Help Desk
- Tribal Court Improvement Program
Available Court Services
- Child Support
- Child Welfare
- Domestic Violence
- Name Change