What can I drop off for recycling and where? Here is a handy guide for sorting your recyclables
Del Norte County Drop-off Recycling Locations – FREE
• Fort Dick Fire Station-6354 Kings Valley Road, Fort Dick
• Ship Ashore-12370 Hwy 101 North, Smith River
• Smith River Post Office-291 North Fred Haight Drive, Smith River
• Gasquet Transfer Station-Gasquet Toll Road, Gasquet
• Klamath Transfer Station-West Klamath Beach Road, Klamath
• Del Norte County Transfer Station-1700 State Street, Crescent City
• These locations also accept Corrugated Cardboard
Free Every Day Drop Off At Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority
• Paint-Non-aerosol latex & oil-based paints stains & varnishes
• Fluorescent Bulbs-Household fluorescent tubes & bulbs
• Televisions-Televisions & computer monitors
• Sharps-Home sharps containers
• Cooking Fats-Cooking fats, oils & grease
• Motor Oil-Used motor oils
• Oil Filters-Drained oil filters
• Antifreeze-Old antifreeze
• Batteries-Lead acid batteries and all household batteries (tape one terminal)
• Mattresses-Three times a year free mattress or box spring drop off
• Bulky items-You get two free bulky item collection pickups a year with current Recology Del Norte Service customers
• Metal-drop off metal free at Gabe Pamplona Machinery Equipment (707) 218-7636
• Tires -are accepted at Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority (Charge for each)
For more Information on recycling in Del Norte County call the Del Norte Solid Waste Management Authority at 707-465-1100 or to sign up for curbside recycling call Recology Del Norte at 707-464-4181.
Curry County Drop Off Recycling Locations – FREE
• Brookings Recycling Center- 17498 Carpenterville Rd, Brookings- Open Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
• Wridge Creek Transfer Site- 9 miles north of Brookings (2 miles north of Thomas Creek Bridge) right off Hwy 101, east side – Open Tue-Sat 10am-5pm
• Agness Transfer Site- 28 miles northeast of Gold Beach, up South Bank Rogue River
Open Saturday only 10am-3pm
• Nesika Beach Transfer Site- 6 miles north of Gold Beach, at the flashing yellow traffic light turn east on Edson Ck Rd. Site is ½ mile on the right side just past Bonneville power sub-station. Open Tue-Sat 10am-5pm
• Port Orford Transfer Site- Off Hwy 101, just north of Port Orford, turn west on Paradise
Point Rd and right on Arizona (at the end of Arizona) Open 10am-5pm
Accepted items at the five Curry County sites
• Batteries-Vehicle ($4.25 each) and Household rechargeable free
• E-Waste-Desktop and laptop computers, TV’s, CPU’s, and Monitors are free. Other electronic devices such as: printers, cell phones, scanners, mice, speakers, are accepted for a small fee.
• Metal-Clean metal stripped of other material accepted except for small fee.
• Motor Oil-Used Motor oil only free.
• Tires-Truck & Car, mounted or unmounted accepted except for Carpenterville site (Charge for each)
• Yard waste-Brush, grass, tree trimmings, stumps. Unacceptable-lumber & wood product, anything not organic accepted except for Carpenterville.
• Usable paint-Usable paint can be donated for free at Gold Beach Lumber in Brookings, Gold Beach and Port Orford
• Household hazardous waste for free- Beaver Hill Transfer Site-between Bandon and Coos Bay
Call before drop off. (541) 396-7624 Monday thru Friday 9am to 2pm
• Insecticide or pesticides
• Solvents or thinners
• Weed killer
• Furniture stripers
• Brake fluid
For more Information on recycling or to sign up for curbside recycling in Curry County call the Curry Transfer & Recycling at 541-469-2425 or 800-826-9801.